Sample some of the finest wines of the world
The Garonne and Dordodge rivers transport you through the renowned wine region of Bordeaux. A river cruise will escort you along both the right and left banks of the rivers through the foremost wine travel experience of the wine world. Journey into the historic regions that make up the Bordeaux region of France.
Embark round trip aboard an intimate 150 passenger vessel to immerse in the world capital of wine. Your river cruise begins and ends on a floating boutique hotel from the city of Bordeaux. Imagine slowly traveling along the rivers visiting the historic sites, and sampling the famed wines of the Premier red wine vineyards of the left bank and Grand Cru châteaux on the right bank.
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage sites, cathedrals, castles, magnificent gardens, and wine villages that make this region one of the most requested wine experiences. Included options for tours are provided in every port. Bicycles on board allow you to explore the highlights and landmarks guided with plenty of extra time to also explore on your own.
You will be surrounded by luxury onboard enjoying elegant accommodations, fine dining and world class local entertainment. Plus lectures and tours are arranged to guide you in fully immersing into the largest wine production region of France.
Small group sample activities included with a cruise:
- Tour the city of Bordeaux’s UNESCO historic region and visit the La Cité du Vin Museum.
- Explore the city of Libourne and sample Grand Cru wines in Saint-Emilion.
- Visit the Chateau de Vayres castle along the Dordogne River.
- Bike through the oldest wine regions of France.
- Hike the vineyards of the right bank.
- Spend time in Pauillac, location of the Premier Cru, long living and most expensive red wines of the Medoc.
- Sample the one of a kind White Bordeaux dessert blends from the Sauternes region.
And for the true Oenophile, extend your wine travel with a post cruise package within the primarily white wine Loire Valley region.
We at BucketList Travel Advisors are river cruise specialists. Let us guide you on your French wine experience.