The Holland & Belgium Experience
Traveling through Holland and Belgium will immerse you into the Dutch culture and enrich all your senses. From first glance you notice the architectural difference from other European cities. The smells and tastes you will enjoy while sampling the Belgian Chocolate, the Dutch fries or the Brussels waffles . Or the feeling you have as you travel along the waterways of Amsterdam and medieval fishing villages of the Netherlands.
Beginning in Amsterdam, “Venice of the North” is filled with culture. The capital and largest city of The Netherlands reflects its 17th Century history as can be viewed in its many museums, walking its streets and crossing its 165 canal waterways. Enjoy one of the cities most popular pastimes as you tour the city by bicycle.
Cruising from Amsterdam your journey leads you into both small and large towns throughout Holland, Flanders and Belgium. As you travel you will learn of the sophisticated dike systems and how flooding has impacted these “Low Country”areas that sit below sea level. Exploring the many gardens this region is known for is a treat for the eyes. Walking the cobblestone streets, you have the opportunity to enjoy some of the best preserved medieval cities with a history that make this area unique.
If you have the opportunity to visit between mid March and late April, you can experience the popular spring tulips and perhaps the annual Tulip Festival in the month of April.
Boutique accommodations on your floating hotel enhance your journey and includes local dining experiences, and regional entertainment that will fully immerse you into the Dutch culture.
Sample activities included with your cruise:
- Scenic cruise through some of Amsterdam’s most famous Canals.
- Visit the Flood Museum in Veere to learn about the devastation of the 1953 floods.
- Pedal through the capital of East Flanders, Ghent.
- Spend the day in Bruges, one of Belgium’s best preserved medieval cities.
- Visit the historic sites of the Battle of the Bulge, the last major German offense in Brussels during World War II
- Sample local brews, tasty waffles and shop in Antwerp, the diamond capital of the world.
- Learn about the three million immigrants who passed through Belgium visiting the Red Star Line Museum.
- Tour Holland’s oldest city, Dordrecht or Rotterdam the “Gateway to Europe”.
- Bike past the windmills of the picturesque UNESCO World Heritage Site of Kinderdijk.
Your 7 night voyage travels roundtrip from Amsterdam. Extend your travel with two additional nights in the heart of the city for the full Amsterdam experience.
As river cruise specialists, BucketList Travel Advisors can guide you on your Dutch travel experience. Contact us for a full itinerary of this fascinating journey.