Visit the Burgundy & Provence Wine Regions
Embark on an awe-inspiring journey through the picturesque Rhone River and the enchanting Provence region in southern France.
Unleash your inner explorer as you travel through exquisite vineyards along the Saône River, through Burgundy’s captivating wine appellations and dramatic landscapes.
Starting in the ancient city of Arles, your boutique river ship will take you on a fascinating journey of discovery, where you will get to visit famous historical sites, relish the local Rose of Provence and the rich reds of the Rhone regions, all while marveling at the breathtaking scenery.
As you drift along the Saône River, bask in the natural beauty and medieval architecture that surrounds you while you learn more about the region’s Romanesque legacy.
Sample the crisp Chardonnay and Pinot Noir as you journey through the Côte-d’Or region of France.
With bicycles on board, you’ll have the chance to explore the destinations with ease, allowing you to connect with the local culture at your own pace.
Get ready to experience an unforgettable journey through the heart of stunning southern France. Let’s set sail!
Enjoy elegant boutique accommodations, fine dining, and world-class local entertainment while traveling the historic vineyards along the waterways.
Sample activities included with a cruise:
- A special walking tour of Van Gogh’s Arles.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Papal Palace of Avignon.
- Visit Valence, the “City of Art and History”.
- A tasting tour will have you sampling some of Lyon’s most popular local delights.
- Bike through the Southern Burgundy region of Cornas.
- Hike to the Monastery at Mount Pipet overlooking the ancient city of Vienne.
- Venture into the medieval village of Brancion from the Burgundian city of Tournus.
- Explore the cobblestoned streets of the walled town of Beaune, among the heart of Cote d’Or vineyards.
Extend your wine travel with a pre-cruise package to the coastal region of Nice or a post-cruise visit to Geneva in Switzerland.
As river cruise specialists, we at BucketList Travel Advisors can guide you on your French wine travel experience.