Visit the Burgundy & Provence Wine Regions
Beginning in Arles, a former Roman city you will embark aboard a boutique river ship to travel through some of the key wine appellations.
Slowly travel along the scenic Rhone river visiting historic Roman and French sites while sampling the local Rose of Provence and reds of the Rhone regions until reaching the gastronomic city of Lyon where the Rhone and Saône rivers converge.
Traveling the scenic Saône river, the landscape changes from ancient Roman influence to medieval and Burgundian Romanesque style of the Ducs of Burgundy. Explore grand châteaux and sample the Chardonnay and Pinot Noir as you immerse into the famed Côte-d’Or region of France.
With bicycles on board, you can explore the highlights and landmarks guided with plenty of time to also explore on your own.
Enjoy elegant boutique accommodations, fine dining, and world-class local entertainment while traveling these historic waterways.
Sample activities included with a cruise:
- A special walking tour of Van Gogh’s Arles.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Papal Palace of Avignon.
- Visit Valence, the “City of Art and History”.
- A tasting tour will have you sampling some of Lyon’s most popular local delights.
- Bike through the Southern Burgundy region of Cornas.
- Hike to the Monastery at Mount Pipet overlooking the ancient city of Vienne.
- Venture into the medieval village of Brancion from the Burgundian city of Tournus.
- Explore the cobblestoned streets of the walled town of Beaune, among the heart of Cote d’Or vineyards.
Extend your wine travel with a pre-cruise package to the coastal region of Nice or a post-cruise visit to Geneva in Switzerland.
As river cruise specialists, we at BucketList Travel Advisors can guide you on your French wine travel experience.